- 1 container of Vanilla Marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons of Earth Balance
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 3-4 tablespoons of syrup (rice, corn, tapioca)
- Bag of S&S Mini Marshmallows (optional)
- Melt the margarine in a pot over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until ALMOST completely melted and remove from heat(over heating them will result in carmelization and will not mix well with cereal).
- Add the crispy rice cereal and mix until well coated. You can toss in mini marshmallows to make them extra special.
- Heat the syrup and pour over cereal mallow mix to for extra binding
- Spray an 8″ square pan with oil and press mixture down evenly with fingers and chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Warning: these are addictive!
P.S. Of course, you can always buy our pre-made rice crispie treats, too.